Ginger for the face, how use your face? Useful properties of ginger for the face, contraindications, and damage. Methods of use, recipes for home remedies. Results, actual reviews.
Ginger Facial is a natural remedy that can improve the condition of the skin and therefore it has been used successfully to fight acne and wrinkles. Ginger root also has other beneficial properties that beauticians appreciate. Furthermore, it details how to use ginger for the face at home and what effect you can count on.
Useful properties of ginger for the face
Ginger is a plant whose roots have long been used in food because of its unique properties, as it has a light taste and a strong aroma. But the spice is also widely used in aromatherapy and cosmetology, especially for the face.
Ginger-based cosmetics moisturize tissues, strengthen, eliminate skin weakness, and lighten pigmentation, freckles, and smooth wrinkles. But the main value of the plant is its strengthening and antiseptic properties.
The medicinal properties of ginger for the face are explained by its rich composition, of which 3% is essential oil:
- Amino acids – stimulate cell renewal;
- Vitamins A, C, PP, and group B – fight inflammation, pigmentation, and speed up metabolism;
- Minerals – prevent aging, are building blocks for cells;
- Gingerly – a powerful antioxidant that prevents the appearance of wrinkles;
- Oils – moisturize, eliminate flaking, and increase the elasticity of the skin.
The secret effectiveness of cosmetics for the face with ginger lies in its warming effect, which leads to increased blood flow, and increased collagen and elastin production. By stimulating blood circulation, nutrients enter a deeper layer of tissue.
As a result of regular use of ginger on the skin of the face, you can achieve amazing effects:
- Narrow pores, reduce fat loss;
- Give the skin a healthy shade;
- Accelerate metabolism;
- Removing toxins from cells;
- Smooth relief and tighten the contours of the face;
- Get rid of small wrinkles and smooth large folds;
- Relieve inflammation, remove acne;
- Increase local immunity;
- Slow down the aging process.
Note! Ginger root is suitable for all skin types – dry, oily, and problematic.
Contraindications and damage to ginger for the face
Ginger is a very circulating and warming herb with a complex composition, so it is important to use it carefully.
To avoid negative reactions, consider contraindications to using ginger on the face:
- High body temperature … The spice activates blood flow. If the temperature rises in the background of infection, ginger accelerates its spread throughout the body, and reduces the effectiveness of antipyretics.
- Pregnancy … During childbirth, increased blood flow is undesirable for a woman. It can cause increased uterine contractions.
- Skin Diseases … Although ginger is used on the face for wrinkles or acne, it can worsen psoriasis, eczema, and sores. It is recommended to use cosmetics based on it only for healthy skin.
- Fresh cut, wear … When applied to open wounds with ginger combinations, there is a burning sensation, tingling sensation. In addition to the uncomfortable feeling, the spice causes irritation and interferes with the healing of the skin.
- Individual intolerance to ginger … Make sensitivity and allergy tests before using cosmetics based on it. Apply a little of the mixture to the elbow, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, and watch the body react. Use ginger combinations if there is no rash or redness.
If you do not take into account the contraindications to using ginger on the face, negative consequences can occur. Red spots appear on the skin, itching, and tingling sensation. In the presence of skin diseases, abrasions, and healing is difficult. Elevation of body temperature, and blood pressure is possible.
Ways to use ginger on the face
Since ancient times, ginger root has been used to care for the skin of the face, as it has many beneficial properties. Let’s take a closer look at the most popular ways to use spices in cosmetology and effective recipes for home remedies.
The ginger tone of the face
Ginger tonic is an effective remedy for increasing the elasticity of the skin. It erodes the epidermis, increases blood circulation and nourishes cells, helps to smooth out wrinkles, lighten rashes and brighten pigmentation.
Effective Ginger Toner Recipes:
- Classic … 1 teaspoon pours a glass of boiling water over the corn root. Once the product has cooled, strain, and use to dry the skin.
- With porridge … To make a tonic, pour 1 handful of oatmeal into 1 liter of cold boiled water. Grind the peeled ginger to make 1-2 tsp. veneer. Add oatmeal, stir and cool. Use the infusion to wipe your face twice a day.
- With aloe … To prepare the product, you must first make fresh juice from the aloe leaves and mix 30 ml of the product with 50 ml of ginger juice.
Ice cream with ginger for the face
Ginger ice cream is a great toner. To prepare it, you first need to make a ginger infusion. Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water over 60 g of the grated root.
When the infusion has cooled, pour it into a mold and send it to the freezer.
Before using ginger ice cream, you should cleanse your skin. Gently wipe your face with an ice cube and avoid prolonged skin contact. When doing this, avoid the area around the eyes and near the sinusitis.
Ginger face cream
Ginger cream is useful for the face, as it has moisturizing, nourishing, and antiseptic properties. The device effectively smooths wrinkles, fights acne and acne, but does not dry out the skin.
To make ginger face cream you will need:
- 1 teaspoon plant root juice;
> 2 tsp. sesame oil and apricot kernels, vitamin E;
> 0.5 tbsp. cocoa or coconut butter.
Melt the cocoa butter in a water bath. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and pour into a clean jar.
The cream is applied to clean facial skin at night in a thin layer daily. Store in the refrigerator.
Ginger face masks
Homemade ginger masks help to improve skin tone, even out the lightness, and lighten freckles and age spots. They are suitable as a remedy for wrinkles, not only on the face but also on the neck, in the décolleté area, as they trigger the natural process of regeneration, increasing regeneration at the cellular level.
Use only fresh ingredients to prepare the product. Solid foods contain fewer nutrients. The ginger root used on the face should be juicy, and dense, with a noticeable aroma. When cleansing the product, remove the skin as thin as possible: most of the valuable components are located just below it.
The best ginger face masks:
- With yogurt and orange … This product has a deep moisturizing and nourishing effect, smoothest even noticeable wrinkles. To prepare the mask, grind the ginger root. 1 tbsp. l. mixes the workpieces together with 2 tbsp. l. honey, 100 ml of yogurt, and 3-4 drops of orange ether. Soak the mask for 20 minutes, and wash.
- With honey … Liquid natural honey is an ideal remedy for aging and aging of the skin. Due to a large amount of biologically active elements in the composition, it increases the elasticity of the skin, smoothes wrinkles, and stops the aging process. Use grated fresh ginger root or dried plant powder to create a ginger and honey face pack. 1 teaspoon mix ingredients with 1, 5 tbsp. l. honey. Put ginger and honey for the face in a paste, apply on the face and wait for 15 minutes. Wash.
- Turmeric… Another oriental spice makes the skin smooth and literally shiny on the inside. Adding esters and herbal infusions to the mixture increases the effect of the spices. To make a ginger and turmeric face mask, mix 30 g of the ground root, 10 g of powdered turmeric, 12 g of oatmeal, 5 ml of tea-tree ether, and 20 ml of strong thyme infusion. Add dry ingredients first, and then add oil and infusion. Hold the ginger and turmeric mask on your face for 10 minutes. Repeat the procedure daily for 10 days.
- With banana … To prepare the product, you need fresh fruit, peeled and smashed into a puree, as well as ginger juice. Take both ingredients evenly (20 g each), and add 10 g of rice (or flour), and 5 ml of almond oil. Stir the composition for one minute, and cool. Spread the banana and ginger mask over your face, and soak for 20 minutes. Rinse with lemon solution (1 part lemon juice in 10 parts boiled water). Repeat the procedure 2 times a week.
- With cream and vitamins … The product is suitable for dry skin. It nourishes perfectly and smooths wrinkles. To prepare 25 g of ginger for the face, mix them with 40 ml of honey and the same amount of cream or sour cream. Add 5 drops of the oil solution of vitamins A and E. Spread the composition over the skin of the face, and soak for 15 minutes. Wash.
- With yogurt… The machine gently cleans pores and removes breakage. Collect 1 tsp. ground ginger powder and lemon juice. Add 3 teaspoons to them. liquid yogurt and 1 tsp. honey. Mix the contents of 4 capsules of oil solution of vitamin E. Spread the mask with ginger for acne on the face of the skin for half an hour, and rinse with water.
- With olive oil … If the skin dries and cracks in the cold, use this mask. Grind a small piece of a plant root to create 1, 5 tbsp. l. veneer. Add 70 g of olive oil. Lubricate the face with the mixture, let stand for 20 minutes and rinse.
- With pomegranate … To make the skin color brighter and not make age spots visible, mix 1 tbsp. l. pomegranate and 1 tsp. ginger juice. Apply the ginger and pomegranate mask to the face for 5-7 minutes, and rinse.
To get the most out of ginger on your face, use spice masks 1-2 times a week. Excessive use causes burns and irritation and contributes to the manifestation of the vascular system.
Real reviews of ginger face
Reviews of ginger masks are mostly positive. They completely cleanse the pores of the skin, reduce fat secretion, disinfect and relieve inflammation. At the same time, acne disappears; the skin becomes elastic and silky soft. Here are some informative testimonials about ginger face.
Marina, 29 years old
For a long time, I suffered from acne, which I could not get rid of. A friend recommended making masks with ginger. She said the product was tested and would not pinch. I decided to give it a try. Almond oil was added to soften the composition. The result exceeded expectations. During the week, the acne completely disappeared; the skin of the face was cleansed. I’m very happy that I used the recipe.
Olga, 34 years old
After 30 years, nasolabial folds began to appear. I did many things: I bought anti-wrinkle medicine and made different masks. Online I found a recipe for a ginger mask. I tried it for 2 weeks. The result was amazing. Wrinkles flatten significantly and become less noticeable. I continued the proceedings for another month. Soon I did not recognize the face: the skin glowed. I decided to pause and repeat the procedure.
Anastasia, 48 years old
I regularly make ginger masks for wrinkles to improve the look of my face. It’s amazing how effective they are. The improvements are noticeable after the first application. The skin is smooth and elastic. The color changes to a glowing, golden color. I really like this herbal remedy that literally renews the skin.